Mobile Banking Security Tips
Protecting your personal and financial information is one of our main concerns. We want to ensure that with every convenient product we offer, we also supply you with helpful tips to keep your sensitive information private. Check out the tips below if you plan use your mobile device for Mobile Banking.
The User Manual for Your Mobile Phone is Important
- Protect your mobile device with a password or passcode and lock your phone when it is not in use.
- Be sure to use all security options available on your device. Consider turning off your location feature when not actively being used.
- For your security, we recommend that you do not "jailbreak" your phone or otherwise disable its built-in security features. Doing so may put your personal and private information at risk.
- Smartphones require updates to run applications. If users neglect this, it increases the risk of having your device hacked or compromised.
To Download or Not to Download? That is the Question.
- When downloading applications to your mobile device take the same precautions that you would when downloading information to your personal computer.
- Be aware of applications that enable geo-location. Most often, geo-location is used for marketing purposes from trusted sources, however, criminals can use this feature to track your physical location.
- Do not allow your device to connect to unknown wireless networks.
When in doubt, don't store it or send it!
- Never send any personal information (account numbers, social security numbers, passwords, etc) via text message. These are not secure and can be intercepted by hackers.
- Do not store private information on your phone. Make a habit of frequently deleting any unnecessary information on your device including browser history and text messages. It is very important that you remove all sensitive information before discarding your telephone.
- Do not open any messages from an unknown sender, and do not click on unfamiliar links that may be sent via text message.
Get In the Habit of Safe Mobile Banking
- Be sure to "Log out" once you have completed your mobile banking session.
- Monitor your accounts on a regular basis and report any suspicious activity to your financial institution.
If you ever feel that any of your personal information has been compromised, please contact your local Community State Bank branch.